One of the main responsibilities of the First Coast Healing Hands, Inc. is to raise monies for those programmatic needs that cannot be funded by the present state contract. These needs include the following items:
- Funds to purchase new clothing for children whose clothing has been secured by law enforcement personnel as forensic evidence – particularly in sexual abuse cases.
- Monies to purchase drinks and food to help children take their prescribed medicine while being evaluated.
- Books and other reading materials for children seen in the child abuse clinics. Particularly during the time that they are being evaluated, such materials aid them in hurdling the many facets of the interview process.
- Funds to temporarily aid the family of a child being evaluated for child abuse/neglect during a time of great stress for such involved families.
- Funds to support the costs of various educational programs needed by the staff of these Child Protection Teams to aid them in staying current with the many advances in this demanding field, and
- To assure immediate access to easily obtainable monies for unanticipated needs. This allows the staffs of the Child Protection Teams to fund items that are urgently needed to hurdle the bureaucracy of institutional and state requirements in accessing such funds.
Your tax-deductible donation may change a child’s life. Every dollar donated goes to support the First Coast Child Protection Team.
$20 Five Sleep Safely Program totes with checklist, safety electrical outlet, children’s book
$35 One month supply of snacks and drinks for Jay’s Closet
$100 Twenty Sleep Safely Program totes with checklist, safety electrical outlet, children’s
$500 Six month supply of the Sleep Safely Program checklist